Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Underpaid

"Nice criminals." Taylor remarked as we were lugging our suitcases to our rooms. Once we were there, we went to work checking our rooms for bugs. "Clear," was Taylor's first words as he came into my room, "how about you?"
"That is how it would seem."
"Sweet! So what are you gonna do next?"
"I'm going to to get information on Jean. How about you?"
"I'm gonna check their security system around here."
"Good. I'll meet you at lunchtime in the lobby."
The first few minutes in my investigation had me scoping out the upper levels of Bayer Inc., casually of course. After a while, I found what I was looking for, a group of tired, grumpy, and underpaid workers. So, I walked over there and offered to buy them some drinks. After a few minutes of small talk, I found out what I really wanted to know.
"Yeah, things have been a little more hectic than usual." a man named Shaun Withers stated. " The boss has been tense lately, and that makes the hours drag on."
"Really?" I replied. "Maybe, he's expecting a visit from Mayhem."
"You think so?" his buddy Martin asked.
"No, that's not it," Shaun said, "cause I heard that they're working on some top secret project. That's why they brought in the lady scientist."
"And she is a looker." Martin replied.
Hmm, that sounds like Jean. As if on cue, the stair's door opened and out stepped Miss Matthews. The area I had chosen to sit at was well hidden from her view, but I could see her perfectly. Bingo. That's Jean alright, but how can she be alive?
"So, you've never been upstairs?" I asked the men as I realized that my jaw was hanging.
"Ha, no way. Select personnel only. I mean, you need a pass key(which is pretty easy to get), a pass code, and a fingerprint."
"Ha, I'm surprised they don't have an eye scanner too." said Martin.
"Actually, I think they're talking about installing one soon." Shaun replied.

No comments: