Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Morning Report

Astor handed me my cellphone that I had left in the late Jean's office. So far, my report to my case officer wasn't going well. Aside from the cellphone, I had left my I.D. they had stripped from me at Genecorp. and killed off all my valuable information.
"Sloppy work isn't like you, Agent. What happened in there?"
Ha, if only I knew. So, I relayed to John the whole story. As I predicted, his face had a perplexed look, but he wasn't the only one when he told me that they only recovered three bodies, three males.
"What? Do you think someone could have stolen the body before we got there?"
"It's possible. We identified two of the men as some of Mayhem's, but it doesn't make sense. Why take Jean Matthews and not take the two cronies to clear his name? Anyways, I'm more worried about you right now. I'll have you examined by the doctors and those pictures you took analyzed. We have to find out what they put in you. I don't like all this whacked out science mojo."
"Currently, sir, neither do I."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! Where is Jean Matthews???

Portrait of Peter said...

I am intrigued!!

Pen of Jen said...

I am continuing to enjoy this mystery!!