Monday, June 25, 2007

Six-thirty Sharp

Tick-tock tick-tock. Half past six and no Agent Taylor. On the other side of his desk, Astor twiddled his thumbs idly. "Sorry I'm late, bad traffic." Taylor stated as he was halfway through the door. "That's ok. Have a seat." was Astor's reply. Taylor took the seat beside me, and our meeting began.
"As you both know,"Astor started,"Agent X has an extraordinary ability, thanks to Jean Matthews. The problem is Mayhem wants those powers to, and if he obtains them, we'll have an even more dangerous criminal on our hands. For this, he needs what Jean Matthews knew. The papers that Agent X took pictures of were never found. We think that, while Jean's body was being taken away, the papers were stolen too. So, I want you two to infiltrate their organization and find out about as much of Matthews and Miller's work as you can."
"Uh, how do we infiltrate their ranks?" was Taylor's question.
"We have scheduled a meeting between you and some of Mayhem's men two days from now. You're supposed to be two hardened criminals running from the law. You figure Mayhem can protect you for a while. I've already put a criminal record for both of you in our database. Just make sure you're not caught speeding. This record is quite convincing. If you get stopped by the police, you're going to be sitting in prison for a while."
"Ok, but why both of us? I mean, I've always worked alone." I asked.
"Two heads are better than one. Plus, Agent William Taylor and I are the only people in the world to know about your powers, and we want to keep it under wraps. It makes Agent X less of a target.
"Wait, what happened to the geneticists who studied my papers? Don't they know about my powers?"
"They did, but they died yesterday in a freak biohazardous accident."
Silence fell upon the room.
"Weird." Taylor said.
"What about the doctor who examined me?" I asked.
"He was never told about what happened to you, just that you needed a checkup. I'll send you the rest of the deets later. Do you have any questions?"

2 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

The freak bio-hazzard accident...oh no.

Note to self, do not get close to agents...I am suddenly afraid.

Very exciting Agent X!

Agent S! said...

i like it love it good thing i have you on my blog