Thursday, June 28, 2007

Memories

After Taylor left the room, John approached me.
"Hey, I didn't upset you, did I?"
"What do you mean?"
"When I said it makes you less of a target."
"No, it just brought back some unwanted memories."
"You know you can talk to me anytime?"
"Yeah, I just don't want to cause you trouble, not again. But what's the idea of pairing me up with another agent?"
"We were thinking about recruiting him to the CIA for a while now. And with the recent happenings, we thought you could use someone to watch your back."
"Yeah, but a kid? He's like what, twenty-five? That makes me fifteen years his senior. You know what happens to people who are close to me."
"He'll be fine. Agent Taylor knows how to watch out for himself. Just, keep an eye on him for a while. You are right. He's a bit green."
"Ha, don't worry. I will."

1 comment:

Pen of Jen said...

John...stop trying to bring up old memories!!!!